- Spot control of Silver Moss on Greens/Approaches
- Natural origin
- Fast results – effects visible within 2 hours
- Easy to apply – can be used on amenity vegetation, natural surfaces, gravel pathways
- 4 applications per year
- Special Recommendation to control Silver Moss in Turf – Silver Moss Application Factsheet and Silver Moss weedstick RT manual
How does Katoun Gold Work?
Pelargonic acid is found in plants and naturally dries out weeds. Destruction of the cuticle, damaging the cell membrane and causing dehydration within hours
Where to use Silver Moss Application Kit
Katoun Gold should be applied as a 10% solution – see Silver Moss weedstick RT manual
To mix a full tube
- Ensure you wear suitable protective equipment during mixing and filling
- Accurately measure 45ml of Katoun gold in 100ml measuring cylinder
- Pour into tube the inlet is located at the top end of the stick. To open it, twist the filler cap anticlockwis
- Fill cylinder with 100ml of water to rinse out residual Katoun and pour into tube
- Repeat above 4 times
- To close the stick, reposition the filler cap and twist it clockwise
- Shake the contents
- The Weedstick+ is now ready to us
- 1 or 2 dabs are recommended depending on severity of the Silver Moss
- Prior to use always shake WeedStick to ensure product is well mixed
The speed of control is dependant on temperature, light intensity and application quality. Once applied to Silver moss leave the moss to desiccate after two days slit or spike treated areas and over seed. The seed will rapidly germinate and root into the silver moss infilling the area. No need to scarify the Katoun will control new germination of moss spores if left undisturbed.
Rigby Taylor Trials have show excellent control of Silver Moss using the technique – also rapid recovery when using Rigby Taylor quality seed
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. USE PESTICIDES SAFELY.